July 8-13, 2019, 1pm – 6pm
Held at: Massey Theatre with Royal City Musical Theatre.Break will be 1/2 hour, please bring your own snack/lunch.
For your information:
- Daily Camp Schedule will include 1 hour of dance/movement, 1 hour of acting/drama, 1 hour of vocal training and time preparing for an end-of-the week Showcase
- Showcase Presentation will be at the end of day on July 13.
- The students will stay within the Massey Theatre Complex and will be under supervision from the time they are dropped off until they are picked up
Further details will be forwarded to you upon registration.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Partial refunds will be granted as follows:
- Before June 1st: 100% of camp fee less $25
- More than 1 week before start of camp session: 50% of camp fee
- 1 week or less before start of camp session: no refund
Laura Ross, Dance Coach
Originally from Victoria, BC, Laura started her classical ballet training under Maureen Eastick at Pacific Dance Centre. After attending The Canadian Colleen of Performing Arts, Laura started working professionally across the country. Select credits include: Hello, Dolly! (Vancouver Playhouse); Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (Chemainus Theatre); The Backyardigans (Canadian Tour); Caillou (Canadian and US tour); Crazy For You (Gateway Theatre); and Anything Goes (RCMT)! Laura has been a proud instructor of dance, musical theatre and acting for the past 18 years.
Sylvia M. Zaradic, Voice Coach
Select performance and directing credits include: 9 to 5: The Musical (Exit 22 Productions); Yente in Fiddler on the Roof (RCMT); Les Miserables (Arts Club Theatre); It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play (Exit 22 Productions); Janet in Waiting for the Parade (Chemainus Theatre). As a voice director: EA Games; Strange Magic (Disney/Lucasfilm); Motive (CTV); Dirk Gently: Holistic Detective (NETFLIX); Noelle (Disney). As a voice actor: Escape From Planet Earth; My Little Pony; Martha Speaks; Geronimo Stilton; EA Games; Radical Entertainment. Sylvia was the English-speaking Announcer at Whistler Medals Plaza for VANOC 2010, holds a B. Mus from UBC and is on faculty in the School of Performing Arts at Capilano University.
Robyn Wallis, Acting Coach
Robyn is excited to be teaching at the RCMT summer camp for the third year in a row, having just appeared as Lina Lamont in Singin’ In the Rain. Robyn trained at Grant MacEwan University, and is well-versed in both Theatre and Musical Theatre. After graduating, she began her professional acting career in Edmonton and eventually returned to Vancouver where she has performed in many productions including: Hairspray!; Red Rock Diner (Arts Club); Les Misérables; Fiddler on the Roof; Noises Off! (WCT); and the Wizard of Oz (Carousel Theatre) to name a few. Robyn has been teaching at Broadway Edge Studios for the past few years and will be attending UBC’s Bachelor of Education program for French immersion teachers in the fall.